The NOVA Pin Accessory Jaw set has a long nose, designed to act as a pin chuck – expanding into a pre-bored hole, a very useful technique for free-form edged bowls. It is not necessary to bore an exact size as with other pin jaws. The longer jaws allow for a
very powerful spigot grip for smaller work such as lace bobbins. They are also ideal for longer dowel work. Twist drills can be gripped to enable the chuck to be used as a drill chuck. The jaw-set features a small dovetail to mount small bowls.
Longer jaws allow for a very powerful spigot grip for smaller work such as lace bobbins.
- Acts like a pin chuck, expanding into a pre-bored hole. Perfect for free form edge bowls
- These special 25mm extended jaws are designed to act like a pin chuck, expanding into a pre-bored hole. This is an especially useful holding method for bowls with a free form edge
- A big advantage over pin chucks is that you don?t have to bore to an exact size - any size between the minimum and just under the maximum expansion will do
- The longer jaw length allows for a very powerful spigot grip for smaller work like lace bobbins (up to 6' in length) and delicate pots.
- The jaws also have a dovetail for mounting small bowls (up to 6' in diameter)
- Made from K1045 steel for maximum structural strength
- The standard Woodworm Screw (included with NOVA chucks) can be used with these jaws
25.9mm (1.02”) – 46mm (1.81”)
Square: 28mm (1.10”) – 7mm (.27“)
Spigot: 31mm (1.22”) – 9.9mm (.39”)
Actual sizes may vary depending on which NOVA chuck is being used.
- Stock: In Stock
- Model: JSPIN
- SKU: JSPIN